The Needham B. Broughton Capital Foundation is a nonprofit corporation that provides funding for projects at Broughton High School that enrich the lives of students and faculty and enhance the campus and facilities.
Founded in 2004, the Foundation has funded more than $400,000 in supplies, technology, tools and continuing education opportunities used to enhance classroom instruction and the entire Broughton experience. In addition, the Foundation has awarded teachers over $50,000 in recognition of excellence in instruction.
The Foundation funds a wide range of projects that resonate across the entire Broughton community. Below are a few of the projects the Foundation has funded since its inception:
- School-wide license for WebAssign, an assessment system used by students in math and science classes
- Writer-in Residence program which assists seniors with their personal essays for college applications
- Technology equipment and materials including iPads, document cameras, graphic software, teleprompters and a camera helicopter for television production classes and WCAP, multimedia presentation carts, stereo equipment for the dance studios and the jazz program
- Additional books and materials for student independent reading and software for music composition
- Two cellos for the orchestra and funds for the marching band to participate in the Rose Bowl Parade
- Funds for students to participate in Model UN conferences, math competitions, German Day at Wake Forest University, and for students in various classes to travel to Washington, D.C.
- Faculty participation in professional development conferences and workshops
- Funds to beautify the campus including the front of the school and the outer courtyard
However, diminishing public funds for education make supporting projects like these more challenging than ever. Please join the Capital Foundation in its efforts to preserve Broughton’s tradition of excellence in offering new and enhanced educational programs, and in attracting, recognizing and retaining top teaching talent.
Contributions of all amounts that invest in this current generation of students through the Capital Foundation are welcome and we hope you will participate at some level.
Or please mail checks to: Needham B. Broughton Capital Foundation, 723 St. Mary’s Street, Raleigh, NC 27605