Founded in 2004, the Needham B. Broughton Capital Foundation is a nonprofit corporation that provides funding for projects at Broughton High School that enrich the lives of students and faculty and enhance the campus and facilities.
Since its inception, the Foundation has funded more than $450,000 in supplies, technology, tools and continuing education opportunities used to enhance classroom instruction and the entire Broughton experience. In addition, the Foundation has awarded teachers over $50,000 in recognition of excellence in instruction.
Initiatives supported by the Foundation range in focus from academics to arts to athletics to beautification to teacher retention and beyond. Below are a few of the grants funded:
- Technology equipment and materials including iPads, document cameras, graphic software, teleprompters and a camera helicopter for television production classes and WCAP, multimedia presentation carts, stereo equipment for the dance studios and the jazz program
- Additional books and materials for student independent reading and software for music composition
- Two cellos for the orchestra and funds for the marching band to participate in the Rose Bowl Parade
- Funds for students to participate in math competitions, German Day at Wake Forest University, and for students to travel to Washington, D.C.
- Funds to beautify the campus including the front of the school and the outer courtyard
However, diminishing public funds for education make supporting projects like these more challenging than ever. Please join the Capital Foundation in its efforts to preserve Broughton’s tradition of excellence in offering new and enhanced educational programs, and in attracting, recognizing and retaining top teaching talent.
Contributions of all amounts that invest in this current generation of students through the Capital Foundation are welcome and we hope you will participate at some level.
Or please mail checks to: Needham B. Broughton Capital Foundation, 723 St. Mary’s Street, Raleigh, NC 27605