Founded in 2004, the Needham B. Broughton Capital Foundation funds programs that resonate across the spectrum of the Broughton student and faculty experience, including some of the following initiatives:
- Technology (computers, iPads, cameras, software)
- School-wide assessment system used in all math and science classes
- Student participation in Model UN conferences, math competitions, out-of-town field trips and world language competitions
- Instruments for the orchestra, software for music composition, funding for band trips
- Writer-in-Residence program which assists seniors with college applications
- Faculty participation in professional development opportunities
- Campus beautification and athletics
The Foundation works closely with other Broughton support organizations such as the PTSA, the Academic Booster Club and the Caps Club, to fill the gaps created by diminishing public investments in education. The Foundation also enjoys working with the Broughton Alumni Association (who annually funds two generous scholarships for exemplary Broughton seniors) to continue engaging the entire Broughton community in pursuing the school’s tradition of excellence.
Dr. Elena Ashburn, Principal of Needham B. Broughton High School, 2021 Wells Fargo North Carolina Principal of the Year!
“Being principal of Broughton is my dream job. The opportunity to work with hilarious teenagers each day, watching them grow and learn is one of the greatest joys of my life. While the principalship is challenging, helping parents raise great kids by ensuring they receive an excellent education is a tremendous privilege. Each day I learn more from our awesome kids than anything I can teach them.”
Your donation funds the latest grants that enrich the educational experience for Broughton students and faculty.
THREE WAYS TO DONATE: